Directors' & Officers' Liability
Protection for leaders in today's complex legal environment
Profit and non-profit organizations seeking to attract the best and brightest to their Boards must offset the daunting liabilities that today’s corporate directors and officers face.
- Directors and Officers can be held personally liable for their acts or omissions in managing a company’s affairs.
- Litigation can extend as far as the director’s personal assets.
- Corporate indemnification alone is insufficient to cover all risks, especially if the corporation becomes insolvent.
Director’s & Officer’s Liability provides financial protection for the directors and officers of your company in the event they are sued in conjunction with the performance of their duties as they relate to the company.
As society has become more litigious in nature, not-for profit organizations, similar to for profit organizations, are realizing that they are at risk of exposure to lawsuits alleging mismanagement of their interests. Claims against both types of organizations can include:
- Wrongful termination
- Mismanagement of funds
- Inadequate training of employees or volunteers
Stevenson & Hunt’s commercial insurance experts have a firm understanding of where standard corporate indemnification leaves off, when D & O coverage is needed and the statutes and regulations around it.
* The information provided is for information purposes only. In case of inconsistency between this information and the policy, the policy terms, conditions and limitations will govern.